Have you lost your car keys, or have they been stolen?
Do you need your car keys replaced or duplicated? Guv’nor Locksmiths can help you – you don’t have to pay dealership prices!
Call Matt from Guv’nor Locksmiths, and if possible, please have the following information handy:
- The make, model and year of your car
- The VIN number of your car (possibly)
- Whether or not you prefer a remote key option
- Make, Model and Year
Guv’nor Locksmiths can help you with the following makes of car:
Your local locksmith needs to know the make, model and year of your car in order to check what key blank is required and what factory immobiliser system your car uses.
Remote Key Option
Let your locksmith know if you also prefer a remote key option. Matt from Guv’nor Locksmiths will be able to research what remote options you have. Matt says “I prefer to recommend aftermarket remote flip keys because of the quality and competitive price however genuine keys are available upon request.”
Are you locked out of your car? Guv’nor Locksmiths can help anywhere in the Perth Metro area
If your vehicle is locked, the first thing your Guv’nor Locksmiths will need to do is open it. Locking your keys in your car can be stressful – but don’t worry! Let Guv’nor’s automotive locksmith expertise take over and get you back behind the wheel as quickly as possible.
Guv’nor Locksmiths can gain entry to most cars by activating the internal locking bar or handle, although on more modern, luxury cars it might be necessary to use specialised lock picks due to the installation of deadlocks. In this situation, the make and model of your luxury car may affect the price of the locksmithing service, but Guv’nor Locksmiths offer competitive prices.
After Guv’nor Locksmiths have opened your car, we take the following steps:-
- We cut a physical key blade which is cut to code just like a key from the factory. Guv’nor Locksmiths uses a top-of-the-range computerised key cutting machine that was made in Italy
- Once Guv’nor Locksmiths have made a working key, we will then programme the immobiliser transponder chip to the vehicle. Most cars from 1996 all have transponder chips – and this is what allows the car to start. Programming the transponder chip to the cars immobiliser is the most crucial step.
- If you prefer a car remote as well, Guv’nor Locksmiths can then recommend an after-market flip key. These are stylish, strong and very cost effective compared to genuine remotes.
- Guv’nor Locksmiths will then programme the remote and check for correct function.
- The last step is to go over the job with you and check all keys and remotes for correct function.