Are your car keys lost or stolen?
This can be a stressful situation for anyone – particularly if you need to be back on the road as soon as possible! But don’t panic – Guv’nor Locksmiths can help.
Follow these simple steps, and we can get you back behind the wheel in record time:
- Find out the make, model, and year of your car
- Call Matt from Guv’nor Locksmiths on 0420 946 989
That’s your hard work done – The rest is up to us! Guv’nor Locksmiths is a mobile locksmith service, so we come to you. After you’ve called us and we arrive at your location, our expert locksmith will take the following steps:
- We open your car
- We cut a physical key blade
- We programme the immobiliser transponder chip
- We can recommend an after-market flip key.
- We programme the remote and check for correct function.
- We will go over the job and check all keys and remotes for proper function.
What information we need from you for your car keys replacement service
Before you call us, it’s beneficial for you to have some simple information on hand so that we know exactly what we need to do to help you.
Please find out the make, model and year of your car (you probably know this off by heart!). If possible, please also find out the VIN number of your car, and figure out if you’d like a remote key.
Regarding remote keys, Matt from Guv’nor Locksmiths says, “I prefer to recommend aftermarket remote flip keys because of the quality and competitive price however genuine keys are available upon request.”
We offer our car keys replacement service in Perth to the following makes of car:
Our expert locksmith needs to know the make, model and year of your vehicle to check what key blank is required and what factory immobiliser system your car uses.
Call Guv’nor Locksmiths on 0420 946 989
Once you have gathered the information mentioned above, the next step is simple: call us! We offer a 24/7 emergency service, so don’t be afraid to call us any time – even if it’s midnight on a Saturday!
We arrive at your location to replace your lost or stolen keys
Once you’ve called us and supplied the information we need, the rest is up to us! We will arrive at your location and gain entry to your vehicle. This is usually done by activating the internal locking bar or handle, although on more modern, luxury cars it might be necessary to use specialised lock picks.
After our expert locksmith has gained entry to your car, we will take the following steps where required:
- We cut a physical key blade which is cut to code just like a key from the factory. Guv’nor Locksmiths uses a top-of-the-range computerised key cutting machine that was made in Italy
- Once Guv’nor Locksmiths have made a working key, we will then programme the immobiliser transponder chip to the vehicle. Most cars from 1996 all have transponder chips – and this is what allows the vehicle to start. Programming the transponder chip to the car’s immobiliser is the most crucial step.
- If you prefer a car remote as well, Guv’nor Locksmiths can then recommend an after-market flip key. These are stylish, strong and very cost effective compared to genuine remotes.
- Guv’nor Locksmiths will then programme the remote and check for correct function.
- The last step is to go over the job with you and check all keys and remotes for correct function.